DANIEL ISLAND, S.C. – Musicians, coaches, professional athletes and actors will hit the links next week in the Needtobreathe Classic at the Ralston Creek and Beresford Creek courses at the Daniel Island Club. Presented by Commonwealth Cares Foundation, the tournament benefits Palmetto Medical Initiative.
Registration opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday, March 19, with a shotgun start at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served on the course.
Band members of Needtobreathe are long-time supporters of PMI and, this year, decided to lend their name to Commonwealth Cares Foundation’s annual golf tournament. Joining Needtobreathe on the golf course are:
- · Trevor Bayne – NASCAR driver and 2011 Daytona 500 champion
- · Collective Soul – American rock band
- · Mason Crosby – NFL place kicker for the Green Bay Packers
- · Ray Goff – Former head coach for University of Georgia and assistant coach at the University of South Carolina
- · Drew Holcomb – American singer/songwriter
- · John Mark McMillan – American singer/songwriter
- · Jerry Moore – Former head coach for Appalachian State University
- · Dan Reeves – NFL player and coach of the Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons
- · Bobby Richardson – MLB second baseman for New York Yankees
- · Kevin Streelman – Professional golfer
- · Ryan Succop – NFL place kicker for Kansas City Chiefs/South Carolina
- · Tenth Avenue North – American singers/songwriters
- · Justin Wheelon – Actor (Iron Man 3)
Musicians John Mark McMillan and Collective Soul will join with Needtobreathe for an after-party concert for sponsors and players. The concert and live auction is open to golfers with a VIP pass.
Needtobreathe is also offering a special for those who want to become tournament hole sponsors. For their $1,000 contribution, they will receive one meet-and-greet at the show of their choice on the upcoming “Drive All Night Tour” with up to five friends along with the official Needtobreathe Classic golf flag signed by all attending celebrities. Sign up at http://www.commonwealthcares.org/sponsor-registration. Needtobreathe will perform at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on May 11.
This is the fifth year the Commonwealth Cares Foundation has hosted a charity golf tournament and the third year it will donate the proceeds to Palmetto Medical Initiative, a Charleston-based nonprofit committed to providing sustainable, quality health care to those in need while increasing accessibility to global medical missions. PMI has built a medical clinic in Masindi, Uganda, and last year launched a new initiative in Nicaragua.
Founded in 2007, Commonwealth Cares Foundation is the charitable arm of Commonwealth Financial Group, a Daniel Island-based financial services firm with a division focused on providing financial planning services to physicians and the medical community.
Cost for the Needtobreathe Classic is $300 for individual player registration and $1,200 for a team of four. Register at www.needtobreatheclassic.com or call 843-884-4545.