Golf Vacations in Myrtle Beach
by Cathi Zimmerman
Myrtle Beach, home of many golf courses. They are too numerous to mention here. I have listed 12 beautiful courses with just a little information on each of them. You can easily find a Myrtle Beach golf package to take a golfing vacation this summer. Here are the 12 courses that are located in either North or South Carolina.
- The Pearl. There is a west course and an east course. Dan Maples designed The Pearl’s two championship courses that showcases the 900 acre marsh surroundings. These courses are open all year round. If offers a full service pro shop, golf lessons and a practice range. The Pearl Golf Links East finishes along the Calabash River and The Pearl West Golf Links is in Sunset Beach.
- Thistle Golf Course. Located minutes north of the State line in Calabash, this new course offers a beautiful and challenging 27-hole layout that takes its name from an ancient Scottish golf society dating back to the 1800’s. The course has wind-swept fairways, large bentgrass greens with heather covered hillsides. This course was designed by Tim Cate and is highly recommended.It is situated in North Carolina.
- Meadowlands Golf Club was named one of the “Top Ten Best New Golf Courses” by the North Carolina Magazine when it opened. The courses 7,054 yards are sculpted around pristine fresh water lakes and natural vegetation. It is designed by Willard Byrd. It is located in North Carolina.
- Heather Glen Golf Course is situated on a 400 acre historic site which debuted in 1987. There are ancient oaks and pines on this Willard Byrd and Clyde Johnston designed course. Golf Digest named the Heather Glen Golf Course “Top 50 Public Courses in America” and “Top 5 in South Carolina”.
- Barefoot Resort and Golf’s creek beds and natural areas frame the fairways that take you from the natural white sands of the Carolina Bays to beautiful views of the Atlantic intracoastal waterways. These four courses were designed by Greg Norman, Davis Love III, Tom Fazio and Pete Dye and is located in North Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.
- World Tour Golf Link’s 27 holes are inspired by some of the most famous layouts included Pine Valley, August National, and St. Andrews. There are on-site luxury condos and grand villas at World Tour. This golf course was voted 2004 International Public Course of the Year. The World Tour Golf Links is in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Tiger’s Eye is rated 3rd Best on the Grand Stand in Golf Digest’s “America’s 100 Greatest Courses. Golfweek rates Tiger’s Eye 6th best in North Carolina and is a stunning combination of natural waste areas, wildflowers and native grasses. Carved from a virgin pine forest, you will find an island par 3 waterfall and 18 unforgettable signature golf holes. Located in North Carolina.
- Black Bear Golf Course was designed by renowned architect Tom Jackson. This par 72 course features 23 lakes and runs through hardwood and pine trees. This course has been kept in excellent condition and is in a serene country setting with many mounds that require you to hit the fairways or else. This golf course is in South Carolina.
- Burning Ridge Gold Club was recently designed with new cart paths and greens. It is designed by Gene Hamm and features rolling fairways, placid lakes and towering trees. The club sports a recently renovated clubhouse, pro shop, grill and expansive deck. This course is located in Conway, South Carolina.
- Crow Creek Golf Club has become one of the most popular golfing destinations since opening in February 2000. Created by architect Rick Robbins, a former Jack Nicklaus design associate, Crow Creek features a scenic layout on developer Jerry McLamb’s 500 acre family homestead. The layout is more than 7,100 yards for low handicapped players that has regular tees and championship tees. This course is situated in Calabash, North Carolina.
- Dunes Golf Club is one of the best known courses in the world. It continues to be rated the number 1 golf course in Myrtle Beach by Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golfweek. Former host to 6 Senior Tour Championships, Women’s US Open and finals PGA Tour Q-School is located in Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.
- Man O’ War Golf Course features large bentgrass greens, a practice range and a unique marina clubhouse. There is an 80 acre lake designed by world famous architect Dan Maples. This course is in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
This is a short description of 12 courses in South and North Carolina. There are many more beautiful and challenging courses to check into. If you are thinking of taking a golfing vacation, consider one of the courses I have mentioned here.
Learn more about everything golf at www.bestgolfvacationsite.com. Check out courses all around the United States as well as abroad. From Las Vegas, to Arizona and even Ireland or Scotland, there are many famous golf courses you can choose from. Download your free copy of Bringing Your Golf Scores To Life!
Golf Vacations in Myrtle Beach
by Cathi Zimmerman